Older Adults need more physical activity
- Research has demonstrated the necessity of resistance training for bone health and muscle strength for older adults
- Building and maintaining strength can decrease your risk of falls and injury during everyday life
- When you are consistent with exercise and movement you'll make the most gains in your physical health and fitness
- Daily movement and postural awareness will improve your ability to remain independent in your community as you age
- Learning how to effectively exercise while protecting your spine is essential if you've been diagnosed with Osteoporosis
5 Tips to help you get Stronger at Home
1. PRACTICE THE BASICS
2. SCHEDULE TIME TO EXERCISE
3. MAKE IT MATTER
4. KEEP VARIETY ESSENTIAL
5. SET A GOAL TO DO SOMETHING YOU HAVEN’T DONE IN A LONG TIMEFIND OUT MORE
We've developed online exercise programs based on these 4 foundational principles
Progress is Possible
Movement is Medicine
Consistency is Key
Health is Wealth
Start with our STANDING STRONG Program
The STANDING STRONG Fitness Program is an 8-week research-based exercise program, developed by Physiotherapists. This program provides 2 guided exercise sessions/week, setting out to challenge participants in a variety of ways, targeting strength, fitness, balance, posture, and spinal health.
This program is appropriate for independently mobile older adults, including those who have been recently diagnosed with osteopenia or early osteoporosis, post-menopausal women, and those looking to start or return to an exercise routine. There is no age limit!Sign Up
Is this program right for me?
- I'm interested in becoming stronger & more fit
- I live independently in the community
- I don't rely on a walking aid
- I've been advised & cleared to exercise regularly
- I'm looking for a safe, guided, research-based program
- I may have been recently diagnosed with Osteopenia or Osteoporosis
Meet Your Instructor
Hi, I'm Jillian Bergman Stow, Physiotherapist. I have a passion for staying fit and healthy, and ultimately helping older adults do the same. I’ve been a registered Physiotherapist since 2003 and am co-founder of PhysioCare at Home, an in-home physiotherapy company.
Time and again I have witnessed how movement & exercise can change lives, no matter your age. But many people don't know what to do or how to begin their exercise journey. That's exactly why I created Stronger at Home.
Stronger at Home Fitness Programs are rooted in Osteoporosis & Older Adult Exercise research and provide step by step guidance throughout your exercise journey.
Can't wait for you to join me in the journey!
After going through the Standing Strong program, I feel stronger and more confident in my ability to do exercises. I haven’t exercise in quite a while so going forward, I will be following the exercises that I learned in the program.